Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kelly M Nelson
Dr. Kelly M Nelson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Liberty Lake, WA. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Valley Hospital, Providence Holy Family Hospital and Deaconess Hospital. Dr. Nelson has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kelly M Nelson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kelly M Nelson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Nelson was my physician when she practiced in Kadelec in Pasco, Wa. I scheduled an appointment to see if she could give me a referral to an Endocrinologist, since I had thyroid issues. She said she wouldn't, that I didn't need it, and my levels were not the best, but manageable. She then moved, and left Pasco. A year and a half later, I find out I have thyroid cancer. My diagnosis and treatment was put on hold because of they way Dr. Nelson ignored my request. I second guessed myself and my symptoms because of what she had said. I wish her the best and I hope she reads this and uses this as a learning experience --listen to your patients, we know our own bodies and have input as well. I understand that doctors make mistakes, but always error on the safe side and to keep the patient happy and healthy.
SHE WAS SO BORED AND ACTED LIKE SHE COULD NOT STAND ME. IT WAS DISCRIMINATION AS I AM ALMOST 80 YEARS OLD AND YET SHE TREATED MY 60 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER REALLY NICE AND EVEN PRAISED HER A WHOLE LOT BECAUSE SHE LOST WEIGHT. WELL, I LOST WEIGHT TOO AND SHE DID NOT MENTION IT. SHE WAS RUDE TO ME AND TOLD ME NOT TO TELL HER EVERYTHING THAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. OH, GOSH, SHE JUST COULD NOT DO MORE THEN ONE THING AT A TIME, BUT I CAN AND I AM AT LEAST 30 YEARS OLDER THEN HER. SHE DID GIVE ME A THYROID TEST AND FOUND OUT I NEEDED A LOWER DOZE OF MEDICATION. I WAS FEELING FAINT AND DIZZY. IT WENT AWAY WITH THE RIGHT DOZE, BUT THEN I FELT THE VERY SAME WAY WHEN I WENT TO DR LINDSTROM AND SHE REFUSED TO GIVE ME THE THYROID TEST AND I AM STILL GETTING DIZZY, ETC.....
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Kelly M Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRockwood Liberty Lake Clinic, 1326 N Stanford Ln, Liberty Lake, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kelly M Nelson in this video.
Dr. Kelly M Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Liberty Lake, WA.