Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kelly J Wirsing has the following 1 specialty
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Wirsing is amazing. So is her team of other surgeons and radiologists and nurses and receptionist - like Maggie. Her nurse navigator Jessica is also wonderful. My scar from a lumpectomy she performed was nearly invisible -- just like she said it would be. Her early advocacy certainly saved me years of cancer treatment. And her honesty was refreshing. She absolutely learns and knows what she's been doing for years and applies it to each unique patient's treatment and care.
I don't think anyone wants to say that surgery was a pleasant experience. I have to say I have never seen a more skilled staff and Doctor in my life. I was not afraid. I was handled with dignity and kindness. My modesty was protected at all times. My Doctor took so much time explaining my ultra sounds and mam's x-rays. She was by far the most efficient and kind Doctor I have ever had. My scar was virtually gone at two weeks, no lines of tissue that were raised up on my skin. I was so pleased with her work. I would highly recommend her and her team to any patient.
Dr. Wirsing was the surgeon on duty when my doctor told me I needed to go in to get my gall bladder removed. I was supposed to get it done that night, but I had eaten, so it had to wait until the next day. Dr. Wirsing sat down, explained the procedure to me, and made me feel at ease, even though I had never had surgery before.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wirsing is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Kelly J Wirsing accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMid Michigan Medical Center, 4005 Orchard Dr, Midland, MI
Dr. Kelly J Wirsing is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Midland, MI.