Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
Dr. Kelvin D Higa has the following 2 specialties
- Bariatric Medicine
Bariatric medicine focuses on the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. Bariatric specialists are trained in medically supervised weight loss and the management of obesity as a chronic condition. These specialists are skilled in various disciplines that help patients lose weight and obtain optimal health.
The field encompasses dieting, exercise and behavioral therapy, anti-obesity medication, pharmacotherapy and surgery. Bariatric specialists might be from surgical backgrounds and perform obesity-related operations or they might be nutrition and hormone focused, prescribing diet and exercise plans as well as weight loss medications.
Patients defined as obese or having unhealthy Body Mass Indices (BMI) have much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, hypertension, many types of cancer and chronic musculoskeletal problems.
One subspecialty of bariatrics is the focus on the correlation between obesity and mortality.
Dr. Kelvin D Higa has the following 11 expertise
- Morbid Obesity
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Weight Loss
- Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Dr. Kelvin D Higa has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Kelvin D Higa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr.Higa amd all of the Dr's in the practice with him are absolutely the best Dr's I know. They have always gone above and beyond for their patients! If they can't figure the problem out they will certainly try. I have much respect for all the Dr's and his Nurse Jennifer. I would recommend him and the other surgeons on a high. Don't trust the negative comments I have been a patient for many years and any procedures.
Dr Higa is rude with a smile on his face. I saw him for a second opinion (office policy). He spoke badly of my previous doctor and even stated he didn't have confidence in his current peer. He implied I was a liar and failure. He thinks highly of himself and tells me of his many degrees and titles. Very pompous. I do not recommend him.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Community Medical Center
Dr. Kelvin D Higa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Laparoscopic Surgery Associates Medical Group Inc, 205 E River Park Cir Ste 460, Fresno, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kelvin D Higa in this video.
Dr. Kelvin D Higa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.