Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ken Kapstafer
Dr. Ken Kapstafer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane, WA, with another office in Spokane, WA. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Kapstafer is affiliated with Providence Holy Family Hospital, St. Joseph's Hospital of Chewelah and Mount Carmel Hospital. Dr. Kapstafer has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ken Kapstafer has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 5 of 13
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kapstafer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Holy Family Hospital
St. Joseph's Hospital of Chewelah
Mount Carmel Hospital
Deaconess Medical Center
Sacred Heart Medical Center
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children`s Hsp
Sacred Heart Med Ctr, Spokane, Wa
Va Med Ctr, Spokane, Wa
52 Years Experience
Graduated in 1961
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Ken Kapstafer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ken Kapstafer in this video.
Dr. Ken Kapstafer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.