The Vitals website is provided for your informational use only. Nothing contained or offered by, on or through Vitals should be construed as medical advice or relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment. Vitals does not recommend or endorse any particular healthcare provider whose information or ratings appear on this website. We encourage you to read our full Terms of Service.

Dr. Kennedy O Gabre Is this you?

About Dr. Kennedy O Gabre

Dr. Kennedy O Gabre, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Morristown, NJ. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. He speaks English.

Rating Overview

11 Ratings with 4 Comments

The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kennedy O Gabre is Excellent. Dr. Kennedy O Gabre has been rated by 11 patients. From those 11 patients 4 of those left a comment along with their rating. The overall rating for Dr. Kennedy O Gabre is 5.0 of 5.0 stars.

Mapbox Map of Dr. Kennedy O Gabre

Primary Address

261 James St
Morristown, NJ 07960
Get Directions

Specialties

Dr. Kennedy O Gabre has the following 1 specialty

  • Surgery
  • Expertise

    3 Expertise

  • Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
  • Skin Cancer
  • Digestive System Abnormalities

Reviews

Showing 5 of 11

Excellent Surgeon Using Latest Surgical Technique

Surgical procedure - Repair incisional hernia in abdominal wall behind left rib cage. My incisional hernia resulted from a second back surgery in 2010 to extend a lumbar fusion that was first performed in 2008. The 2010 surgery was to be less invasive than the 2008 surgery ... however, the incisional stitches in the side of the abdominal wall did not hold. As the tear in the abdominal wall became larger and more painful, in 2013 I sought surgical advice from a surgeon (different from Dr. Gabre). He advised that there would only be at a 10-20% success rate from an "open" surgical procedure. He further advised not to have surgery until the pain was unbearable. The pain did become unbearable .... and, after reviewing various surgeons' credentials to determine who may be most familiar with the latest surgical techniques, I sought advice from Dr. Gabre late this summer (2016). He advised that new surgical concepts were being used to repair incisional hernias in bodily locations that previously had low success rates --- specifically, laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Gabre performed the repair .... and immediately I experienced a 100% reduction in pain at the point of the hernia and a 90% reduction in lower back pain that was associated with nerves being pinched by the protrusion of "stuff" through the incisional tear in the abdominal wall. (The other 10% of lower back pain can be attributed to two factors: I'm a 72 year old and aches and pains kind of go with that territory; and for the past couple of years I've had to be less active in maintaining my abdominal muscle strength because of the pain related to the hernia. My experience with Dr.Gabre --- most professional, great bedside manner and willingness to provide as much info as you need to understand the problem and solution, very informed re the latest surgical techniques.

Wait time
15 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
Five Stars

Excellent surgeon! He has great reputation at the hospital. I was lucky to get him as an emergency surgery.

Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
Dr. Gabre is outstanding

Dr. Gabre made my unexpected gallbladder surgery the best possible experience. He is very kind, caring and highly skilled. Strongly recommend!!!

Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
Pre-surgery review

Easy to speak with, very informative

Wait time
10 minutes
Easy Appointment
Promptness
Friendly Staff
Accurate Diagnosis
Bedside Manner
Spends Time with Me
Appropriate Follow-up
Full Review Rating Breakdown
Five Stars
  • Education

    18 Years Experience

  • University of Maryland

    Graduated in 2000

  • Accepted Insurance

    Dr. Kennedy O Gabre accepts the following insurance providers.

  • View by Location

Locations & Directions

261 James St, Morristown, NJ
  • Nearby Doctors

    Dr. Kennedy O Gabre is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.