Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kennedy O Gabre has the following 1 specialty
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Skin Cancer
- Digestive System Abnormalities
Showing 5 of 11
Surgical procedure - Repair incisional hernia in abdominal wall behind left rib cage. My incisional hernia resulted from a second back surgery in 2010 to extend a lumbar fusion that was first performed in 2008. The 2010 surgery was to be less invasive than the 2008 surgery ... however, the incisional stitches in the side of the abdominal wall did not hold. As the tear in the abdominal wall became larger and more painful, in 2013 I sought surgical advice from a surgeon (different from Dr. Gabre). He advised that there would only be at a 10-20% success rate from an "open" surgical procedure. He further advised not to have surgery until the pain was unbearable. The pain did become unbearable .... and, after reviewing various surgeons' credentials to determine who may be most familiar with the latest surgical techniques, I sought advice from Dr. Gabre late this summer (2016). He advised that new surgical concepts were being used to repair incisional hernias in bodily locations that previously had low success rates --- specifically, laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Gabre performed the repair .... and immediately I experienced a 100% reduction in pain at the point of the hernia and a 90% reduction in lower back pain that was associated with nerves being pinched by the protrusion of "stuff" through the incisional tear in the abdominal wall. (The other 10% of lower back pain can be attributed to two factors: I'm a 72 year old and aches and pains kind of go with that territory; and for the past couple of years I've had to be less active in maintaining my abdominal muscle strength because of the pain related to the hernia. My experience with Dr.Gabre --- most professional, great bedside manner and willingness to provide as much info as you need to understand the problem and solution, very informed re the latest surgical techniques.
18 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Kennedy O Gabre accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions261 James St, Morristown, NJ
Dr. Kennedy O Gabre is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.