Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth Miller
Dr. Kenneth Miller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danbury, CT, with another office in Danbury, CT. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital and Putnam Hospital Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth Miller has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kenneth Miller has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lyme Disease
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Kenneth Miller is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I just read the only review about dr. Miller on this site. I recently had to find another rheumathologist after being his patient for about 30 years and this new person didn't tell me anything Dr. Miller hadn't already say about my problems! His P.A. is very good but never "replaced" him as far as observation or diagnosis! She would perform tx's or give me follow up calls under Dr. Miller's guidance. His staff was always helpful and always cheered me up in some of my tough times. It is not my intention to correct anybody else's opinion, just offer my own perspective on this practice.
Dr Miller interacts with his PA as if you aren't even in the room. Orders a bunch of expensive bloodwork, then leaves it up to the PA to dx by the numbers. Might work for uncomplicated cases. Not mine. THREE of my other doctors tossed her conclusions in a heartbeat & none could believe Dr. Miller left the dx up to her given my medical history which he was told about. She was nice enough as were some other staffers, but some of the receptionists are beyond nasty. Waste of time and money.
Dr. Miller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New Milford Hospital
Putnam Hospital Center
New Milford Hosp, New Milford, Ct
Danbury Hospital, The, Danbury CT
Danbury Hospital Acute Ub
38 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1975
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Kenneth Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kenneth Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danbury, CT.