Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kenneth J Accousti has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Kenneth J Accousti has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Kenneth J Accousti has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Within 3 minutes, without ever looking at the joint, or testing it, or getting information about the history or an x-ray, recommended the most expensive approach: MRI. OK, maybe an MRI is necessary. But having dealt with the same joint inflammation problem 4 times over the past 35 years I was pretty sure that he needed more information before jumping to MRI. Pain relief is not his forte.
Making arrangements for an appointment at the Stafford Fred Ortho clinic was super easy and quick; however, Dr. Accousti was obviously running behind in his appointments. He came into the room, gave my exams the a-ok, preceded with a few questions, raised the arms, and BAM - your diagnosis is: tendinitis. It took less than 5 min. As suspected, the steroid shot and therapy visits were the viable solutions. What a waste of my time!! Going elsewhere for a more thorough examination.
Dr Accousti does not explain what is the diagnosis or spend time explaining the medical test results such as an MRI. If you call 23hrs before you appointment to cancel or change the appointment you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee even though they leave a message at your home number while you are at work so you don't have time to change the appointment. even if the appointment is 23 hours instead of 24hours as required you will get charged $50.00.
My left shoulder had hurt me on and off since I was a young many lifting weights and into martial arts. When I would lift something heavy or attempt to lift weights, I always felt pain in my left shoulder. One day probably three or four years ago, I was helping a friend load some large river rocks in the back of a couple of pickup trucks. I felt the pain but decided to work through it. I thought I felt a pull, like a tear, but continued on. A short while later, the pain hit. I went to my primary physician who agreed with my self diagnosis...torn rotator cuff. I tried a little physical therapy, but knew it was not going to help. I had an MRI and sure enough, my rotator had a medium/large tear. I went to Dr. Accousti, discussed it, and we decided on surgery. What an ordeal! I had heard that this is a rough surgery to recover from and all I can say is I thank God I was retired so I had the proper time to recover. Dr. Accousti, his staff, and the physical therapists that he recommended were all fantastic! It's been about a year and a couple of months and I am pain free! Dr. Accousti repaired my shoulder, the physical therapists directed me in the proper exercises, I did my part, I had several follow ups, and now...all is well! I am very greatful to physicians like Dr. Accousti. Fantastic!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
18 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Kenneth J Accousti accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFredericksburg Orthopedic Associates, 3310 Fall Hill Ave, Fredericksburg, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth J Accousti, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Fredericksburg, VA, in this video.
Dr. Kenneth J Accousti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, VA.