Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth Ackerman
Dr. Kenneth Ackerman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY, with another office in Great Neck, NY. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ackerman is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital, Winthrop University Hospital and North Shore Univ at Manhasset. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth Ackerman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
Originally went to him because of all the good reviews but was disappointed after a few different appts. I thought after the first one I would give him another chance or so to see if he was just having an off day, but nope the same thing at each of the visits. He's okay if you have a cold but anything more I'd go some place else. I went there with pain and he just said to wait a few days and get some blood work. I decided to listen to a friend and go to the hospital. I ended up getting surgery. He never bothered to call or ask what happened or how I was doing. When I was there I always felt like I was rushed through the visit and was annoying him by asking any questions. He never really listened to my symptoms and just hurried up and gave my a script. Too many other Drs out there to deal with this.
Dr. Ackerman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore University Hospital
Winthrop University Hospital
North Shore Univ at Manhasset
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
25 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1988
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Kenneth Ackerman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth Ackerman in this video.
Dr. Kenneth Ackerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.