Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth M Alo has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Kenneth M Alo has the following 6 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Kenneth M Alo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
After some research and speaking with a couple of past patients this seem like my best hope to relieve my back pain. I went into the procedure with high hopes. Of course it was expressed that nothing is guaranteed. I was hoping for at least some improvement to my problem. After the procedure I followed the post op instructions to the letter. Not only did I not notice an improvement, but my back was in many ways worse. Also note the North American Spine would not except my insurance and required full payment prior to surgery.
Dr. Alo impressed me with having a common sense attitude and getting other xrays that no Doctor had asked for vefore he proceeded. Other doctors had told me in the past, tt come back when i was in a wheelchair. Dr. Alo said that no one should have to resprt to that quality of life if they could fix the problem now. We are pn the same page.
Dr. Alo was good to me. He tried to do whatever he could to try to help me get relief. I was heartbroken when I had to leave his care to go to another doctor for further care that he could no longer provide. I have a complicated case, they tell me. I have a spinal cord injury and a shoulder injury that turned into CRPS/RSD and Causalgia.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Baylor College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSpace City Emergency Physicians, 2001 Hermann Dr, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth M Alo in this video.
Dr. Kenneth M Alo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.