Dr. Kenneth Bloom Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Bloom?

Fixed the issue

Posted on September 20th, 2016

My 2 year old had a mysterious lump on her back. He removed the lump, as well as prescribed on a slew of medications for her eczema. She had been scratching herself bloody since she was a few months old and previous doctors and dermatologist were useless. He is incredibly smart and detailed. His bedside manner is less than ideal. I was warned about this when I received the referral. I would still rather see an intelligent comprehensive doctor that isn't personable as opposed to someone who will hold my hand and not create solutions.

Posted on September 16th, 2015

Dr. Bloom saved my life from eczema no questions asked.

A great diagnostician and a competent doctor

Posted on December 11th, 2013

My daughter complained at a scratchy and tight skin next to her year. That was many years ago. We took our daughter to see our regular dermatologist, who said it was just an eczema, and proscribed some cream. Condition worsened, we kept taking our child to different doctors, who could not help. My daughter started to lose mobility in her neck, and had severe pain and discomfort. We were referred to Dr. Bloom by our pediatrician and I can not say enough of good things about him. He diagnosed my daughter's condition as a scleroderma, a hard to diagnose and to treat auto immune disease. He provided care, treatment and advice. When my daughter moved out of state to go to college, he located a proper specialist in a different state so that she could continue treatments . When my kids, who by now graduated from college, come home and have minor dermatology issues, they continue to go to Dr. Bloom. I find his communication style rather pleasant , I have to say I like his dry sense of humor. I find him caring and thorough and I am forever grateful that was able to diagnose a rare disease in my child. If you are looking for an intelligent and competent doctor, who engages with you and tries to lighten the parent's fears, takes time to explain the condition and goes an extra mile for his regular patients, Dr. Bloom has my vote.

Recommended to many others

Posted on October 23rd, 2013

Dr. Bloom has seen two of my children, my husband, my mother and me for a variety of conditions. He was very understanding of my children's anxiety and worked to come up with solutions, even if they were not the usual methods. If you have questions, I think you have to be assertive, but then he will spend as long as you want/need to help you. He is extremely knowledgeable and was highly recommended by my pediatrician.

Extremely unpleasant experience

Posted on October 19th, 2013

I went into the doctor a few years ago to look into getting Accutane. The visit was my first to him and extremely unpleasant enough that it was also my last. This man has absolutely no tact or courtesy for his patients! As a shy female he made me feel very, very, very, uncomfortable to just be in a room with him, due to both his behavior and actions. He asked me absolutely ludicrous questions and tried to get me to jump through unnecessary and unsettling hoops to get prescribed this medication I needed so badly at the time. I would NOT recommend this doctor. I switched after my first visit and do not regret a thing! Don't waste your money on such a poor quality doctor.

Parent

Posted on August 23rd, 2013

Dr. Bloom might be the smartest dermatologist in MN but I will never know because I won't be going back. My experience seems to mirror a lot of these other horrible reviews for the good doctor. He is in the room for 3-4 minutes tops. He runs out before you can even formulate a question and any questions you do manage to fit into his brief appearance in the room are answered with more attitude than information. I cannot recommend him LESS.

Very knowledgeable specialists

Posted on July 30th, 2013

I normally do not write reviews, but I seen several negative reviews about Dr. Bloom and I felt that I should share my experience. My son had a skin condition and I went to two other Specialists. Neither of the specialists could correctly determine what was causing the skin condition. Dr. Bloom knew with 5 minutes what the cause of my sons skin condition was and was able to correctly treat his condition. My sons condition has since cleared up. Dr. Bloom may not be the most social specialist that I have met, but he is by far the most knowledgeable. I personally would rather have a Dr. that can correctly Diagnose their patients condition (as Dr Bloom did) than a more social Dr. with less knowledge.

Fantastic

Posted on July 10th, 2013

I brought my one year old to the pediatrician THREE separate times, receiving three opinions from various doctors, for a rash on his tummy. He was misdiagnosed each time - the last two times, they actually told me he had ring worm and that I should apply a prescription grade anti-fungal. The poor little guy would cry every time we put it on him because it burned. Finally, I brought him to Dr. Bloom who immediately stated that it was a psoriasis type rash and gave him a completely different creme. The rash we had been fighting for two months was gone in 24 hours. Dr. Bloom is a genius.

Posted on May 16th, 2013

I am a recent patient and decided to go to him for a skin condition after seeing what excellent care and diagonsis he had given my relative. He is very thorough in researching solutions and I am hopeful that he will be able to diagonsis my situation and treat it.

SO BAD

Posted on April 26th, 2013

It's funny to hear that he told someone with psorisis their child could die, from this disease.. He told me nothing. said she has a chronic life long disease, gave me a rx and said be back in a month. no teaching what soever. Can I prevent flares? Can I stop it from spreading? ISNT THIS AN AUTO IMMUNE?! I tried to ask the assistant, she was clearly uncomfortable, and beat around the bush. Thats not her fault, it's LEAGLY not her job to teach (she was not his nurse). He could not get out of the room quick enough. which was funny because we were the only ones there... My child was put into a gown because he "likes to do full skin assessments" she may have well been a hooded sweatshirt and jeans. I work with a doc in a well knowa peds hospital, who said they have never (in 10 years) refered anyone to him, despite that there, until recently so few peds derms around. I wish I would have asked around earlier all the info I got, I googled, and spoke to the pharmisist at Walgreens. I will NOT be going back.

Horrible experience

Posted on March 18th, 2013

I had a horrible experience with dr. bloom, he treated my daughter for a skin tag. He did not tell me what he was going to do to her or what side effects would happen afterwards. If i would have known the side effects i would have chosen to not have the treatment done it left a scar that was worse then the skin tag. He is rude and has the worst bed side manor in minnesota. He dosent take any time to anwser questions or concerns, and he treats women like they are stupid. i would not recomend him to anyone

Posted on March 6th, 2013

The first thing my 10yr old daughter said when we left is "I'm not going back there!". She was made to feel very uncomfortable. He performed a very painful procedure with no numbing prior and told her it wouldn't hurt as he proceeded to dig out a chunk of her hand. Then they were not even prepared to bandage her. It took multiple trips for the nurse to bring in the needed supplies to bandage her. The nurse was also not child friendly, she did nothing to make us feel comfortable. The dr cut me off in med sentence and didn't care to listen. We never did get a proper diagnosis, they called and wanted to to come back again! No way! I would warn anyone else not to go there. There is a reason he always has appointment available!