Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth R Branton has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Branton has been treating my neck pain and scapular pain for 12 years. He is extremely professional, up to date on the latest treatment options, and is excellent at performing procedures that have provided me with significant pain relief each time. In addition, he has a wonderful bedside manner and is easily approachable, answering any questions I may have and ensuring that I understand the treatment plan. He has treated other family members and friends of mine with success as well. Highly recommend!
I recently switched my care to Lahey Outpatient Pain Center. I can tell you that my previous pain center was all about money. At my new practice, everyone is nice and caring. Dr. Branton is the best at injections and I didn't need to go sleep for a 10 minute injection. He reviewed my MRI with me during the consultation. A+
I was referred to Dr. Branton from my primary care physician. The staff was great. The physician ordered the MRI which my primary care could not do due to insurance reasons. I was surprised to see the other review claiming that no imaging was ordered prior to a suggested injection. In fact, the doc told me he does not inject the back without imaging. The lumbar epidural went well and was performed under local anesthesia. It was hard to get an appointment with the doc, though, as he is well liked and in demand as he is very nice and gentle.
Went in with excruciating back pain, radiating into legs. He refused to do any imaging, in fact told me it wasn't my back, it was my SI joint. Scheduled an injection of the SI joint without any imaging to confirm. Canceled that appointment, and went to another provider instead for a second opinion. Turns out I have an acute FRACTURED vertebrae, ruptured disc, and severe nerve root compression. Thanks doc, for your professionalism and follow through. Thankful that we have the ability to seek second opinions in this day and age. Remember, not everyone graduated in the top 10% of their class. This guy has NO empathy for pain patients. Not sure why he chose this profession?
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1992
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Kenneth R Branton accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kenneth R Branton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danvers, MA.