Dr. Kenneth P Butters Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth P Butters?

Prompt, polite, skilled

While on vacation last month I broke my radius and some wrist bones. The local emergency room referred me to Dr. Butters. His office staff were incredibly efficient about getting me in. Dr. Butters suggested a plate and pins, and was able to get me into surgery the next day. The following week I was fitted with a removable short cast that allows me to have partial use of my hand. I can also remove the cast to begin range-of-motion exercises so that my healing will be as quick as possible. I was delighted with Dr. Butters and the entire Slocum orthopedic center. Thank you for a great experience!

Patient in 1995

After years of pain, In 1995 Dr. Butters performed surgery on both of my arthritic thumb joints by removing the damaged bone and replacing it with a rolled tendon graft. Both surgeries were 100% successful, as I did all the follow-up therapy as advised. Now, 14 years later I still have no pain, full use and range of motion, and at 80 years of age I am able to travel world-wide while handling my own luggage, I am thankful to him on a daily basis for giving me pain-free hands. My only regret is that I didn't have the surgery done sooner. I really don't recall any negatives concerning Dr. Butters or his staff. He was generous with information, even copying pages of drawings showing the surgical process to calm my concerns prior to the surgery. To this day, I can't thank him enough

Doctor's Response

Hello, Carol. We apologize for not responding sooner, as we just received notification of your review. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine for your care.

During the inititial visit following a bicycle accident that fractured both left clavicle and scapula, I attempted to ask questions and get information about the injuries. Dr. Butters was impatient and almost irritated with my presence. He left the examination room without addressing any of my concerns.In subsequent visits he maintained the same abruptness and indifference.

He did a bone scan on my hand, said he found nothing and left the room. He didnt talk about other options or things for me to do he just left. I will not be going back to him.