Highly Recommended!!

This review is for Dr. Caldwell and his PA-C, Erin Fetsch. Ive added this review to both of their profiles. I’ve had nagging knee issues since Middle School (30+ years ago) when I was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter’s disease (growth plate issue). But a few years ago I had an incident that resulted in a minor sprain of my left MCL, and I saw Erin Fetsch (PA-C) for that. X-Ray/MRI revealed an MCL sprain and confirmed existence of a bone fragment (“ossicle”) related to the Osgood-Schlatter that was likely the source of occasional painful flare-ups. Erin thoroughly explained all of my treatment options, including surgery, but did not “push” surgery on me. We mutually agreed that physical therapy was the best course of action at the time, not surgery. And that therapy got me back to “normal”. Last week (~5 years since my first visit with Erin), I had another incident/flare up with the same knee. I was in A LOT of pain, and Erin was able to fit me into her schedule quickly and get an MRI scheduled the very next day. Prior to the MRI, she anticipates surgery might be the best course of action, and was able to get me tentatively penciled into Dr. Caldwell’s surgery schedule ASAP after the MRI results were in. I met Dr. Caldwell for the first time during the visit to review the MRI results, and could not have been happier with how that appointment went. He is so easy to talk to and relate to. He also walked me through ALL of my recovery options, IN DETAIL, and did not PUSH surgery. That said, he did think that this time surgery was the best course of action, but THOROUGHLY explained ALL the other options. Feeling VERY INFORMED, I agreed surgery was in my best interest. They got me into surgery 2 days after the pre-op visit. So from the time I saw Erin Fetsch to the surgery was exactly ONE WEEK!!! (That seems VERY FAST to me...in a good way!) The day of the surgery was as smooth as can be. Dr. Caldwell and Eric Fetsch were both there, and they thoroughly explained exactly what they planned to do in surgery. They clearly laid out what the two likely scenarios were, based on what they might find once they opened my knee up. They knew for sure they’d be removing the “ossicle” in my left knee, but depending on the integrity of the tendon and other possible things they might see, there were other thing they might have to do while in there. After the surgery they were both there to explain to me and my wife what they found, what they did, what that meant in terms of the next few days, and what the rehab ahead of me might look like. What I like best about Dr. Caldwell and Erin is that they NEVER appear to be in a rush when meeting with you. They take their time, thoroughly explain things to you, speak talk to you in a way that makes sense to you and feels comfortable. They practically beg you to ask questions so that you walk away feeling heard and comfortable with the decision you make and what the next steps will be. I can not recommend anyone more highly! I don’t wish surgery or nagging joint/pain issues on anyone, but if you find yourself in that unfortunate situation, you can’t do better than Dr. Caldwell and Erin Fetsch!

Knee diagnosis

Dr Caldwell is an excellent orthopedic physician. He takes time to ask questions and make his diagnosis, then explain the situation. I have gone to him for over 15 years for knee and rotator cuff injuries. Always accurate and great bedside manner, I would highly recommend Dr Caldwell.

Terrible physician inattentive Rush's exam wants to order x-rays instead of MRI for rotary cuff muscle tears. I Would Never use this surgeon Had another surgeon do my rotary cuff surgery .

Dr. Caldwell carefully listened to my problem, quicky understood the issue, and fully explained my options for recovery. I couldn't ask for anything more in a office visit, he was great.

Truly an Angel. Highly recommend !!!!

Dr. Kenneth Caldwell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, SC.