Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth D Todd has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Todd has been giving my brother amphetamines for most of the past 20 years. My brother has endured numerous and frequent episodes of psychosis for at least the past 5 years, and Todd continues to prescribe him amphetamine. Todd is a great doctor if what you really want is a drug that makes you feel good and don't care what the long term health consequences are, don't care about the consequences to your family, and are really just looking for a legal way to get high. If you want to get well do not go to him. He doesn't care for his patients one bit.
Dr. Todd is very thorough in his diagnosis utilizing appropriate testing and spends time with with his patients with exceptional bedside manner. He seems genuinely concerned about "the person" and not just "the patient"! Caring and personable! In an evolving healthcare world that focuses more on business and numbers, Dr. Todd has maintained a patient-focused practice where compassion has remained central to his medical ethics and integrity!
Dr. Todd is an outstanding doctor and has treated me extremely well over these past few years. His diagnosis and treatment plan is perfect and has enabled me to regain my life back after many psychotic episodes and bipolar mania. I would recommend him to anyone! My life is stable again and I am getting better everyday because of his treatment plan for me. I thank him and may God Bless his great work.
38 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth D Todd accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKenneth D Todd Md, 7932 Wrenwood Blvd Ste C, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Kenneth D Todd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.