Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Kenneth Levin
Dr. Kenneth Levin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Madison, WI, with another office in Middleton, WI. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Colon and Rectal Surgery. Dr. Levin is affiliated with St Mary'S Hospital, Stoughton Hospital and St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Madison. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth Levin has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Kenneth Levin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 6
Dr. Levin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary'S Hospital
St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Madison
31 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1982
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Kenneth Levin accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kenneth Levin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.