Dr. Kenneth Ellner Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Ellner?

Dr.Ellner has worked with me since I was a pre-teen treating my eczema

Posted on June 1st, 2017

When I first went to Dr.Ellner I was 11 years old and my skin was covered with eczema was on my hands legs and arms. His work is phenomenal I know use cera ve with a steroid and I love it he has wonderful bed side manner and is very personable!

Posted on March 9th, 2017

Terrible personality Very volatile and terrible dianostician

Posted on March 7th, 2017

Brilliant and patient. Great personality. Absolutely the best

Posted on December 29th, 2015

He is the best

This should be your Dermatologist

Posted on August 26th, 2015

This guy is the best doctor I've seen in a long time. I have a friend who sees him as well and we call him "the skin whisperer". He's so knowledgeable and personable. You'll love him.

Posted on July 7th, 2015

Greatest dermatologist in the world.

Only has time for cosmetic patients

Posted on July 26th, 2013

I saw Dr.Ellner three times over a 3 year period. The first time was to examine a growth on my face and also to ask about hair loss. He spent about 5 minutes total in examining and cutting (biopsy). He brushed off the hair question with the advice to just take otc (Rogaine), since I told him my thyroid levels were always normal. He glanced at my hair line as I showed him. I'm a female, just turned 40 then. Then I had to go back a few days later for him to take a larger specimen. 3 years later, I went back for a hair consult again, this time because my rheumatologist said I should. He spent maybe 30 seconds with me, no lie. The same growth had also reappeared on my face, and as I was explaining it to him, he said, "which spot are you talking about, you pointed to like 8 things" and he grabbed the freezing spray and gave a quick application - no warning to me! He had come in wearing gloves and the eye magnification glasses, so I'm guessing I disturbed him from a more valuable patient/customer. I'll never go see him again. Zero listening skills unless you have the money for botox. Awful.

Doctor's Response

I was quite surprised to see this patient's review. It is always dissappointing when a patient is unsatisfied with my care. It is personally offensive that she outright lied. I will attribute this to her frustration both with her conditions, and that she was billed for the office visit even though she didn't get the solutions that she desired. At the time of all three visits this patient was given my full attention and best advice. Unfortunately patients with hair loss are often very upset with their diagnosis and the fact that we have few effective treaments for the conditions. A biopsy was taken and sent to the top dermatopathologist who confirmed her diagnosis of early androgenic alopecia (female pattern hair loss), not uncommon in women of her age. Unfortunately there is no effective treatment other than OTC rogaine. I also discussed her condition with her rheumatologist who agreed with my assessment and treatment option. This was explained in detail to her in a compassionate and honest manner The patient was further upset that the spots of her face (commonly referred to as liver spots) are conditions that the insurance companies consider to be cosmetic and do not pay for their removal. This too was explained to her. I strive to give every patient my full attention and deal with all concerns to the best of my ability. Every patient that I see is valued and treated with the utmost respect and dignity. After almost 25 years of practice, unhappy patients are inevitable, but fortunately extremely rare.

Excellent Doctor and Good sense of Humor

Posted on August 1st, 2011

Love, Love, Love this Doctor. My entire family sees him. He is very good with teenagers and knows what they WILL do and what they WON'T do. He makes it very easy for the teenagers to keep up with their cleaning regiment.Dr. Ellner also treats my issues and checks on odd looking issues instead of just waiting until it becomes a problem.We had to move to Katy, TX but he gave us a fantastic Doctor recommendation.HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. If you have teenagers or anything you might need, he is a must!!Thanks Doc!!

Very competent

Posted on March 30th, 2011

Dr Ellner is as knowledgeable as any dermatologist I've experienced. He does a more thorough exam than most. However, he was unwilling to listen to me regarding derm spots I had discovered and had listed prior to my visit. He was in a big hurry to get to his next patient. I persisted and he relented, covering most of the items on my list. I switched doctors for my next annual exam.

Love this doc!

Posted on August 15th, 2010

I went in for my annual post skin cancer 'skin survey' so much fun, but, Dr. Ellner was efficient and funny and made it much less of a trial. Also, I had some age spots on my face which he 'froze' off at a very reasonable cost. I won't mind going every year now that I've found such a great doc!

Best DR

Posted on August 8th, 2010

My brother had a really bad skin condition. It was so bad he didn't even want to leave the house. We tried to find someone who could help him for about a year. After countless drs, we were completely hopeless. Dr. Ellner fixed his condition in two weeks. He really empathized with my brother and was extrememly courteous. Literally the best Dr I know, not just because he helped my brother's condition, but because you can tell he genuinely is a caring person.

Posted on April 4th, 2010

Excellent doctor - have been seeing Dr. Ellner for years. Highly recommend.