Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth G Smith has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Kenneth G Smith has the following 5 expertise
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Smith was the surgeon who took care of my emergency gall bladder surgery. Due to prior extreme bad experience, I had off the chain fear regarding hospitals & especially surgery. Dr. Smith, he is an angel. I mean that LITERALLY. Not only did he introduce me to the entire surgery time prior to surgery, his team acknowledged what had happened to me previously in surgery, exclaimed their regret & apologized stating, "no one should have to go through that but you're on our watch now & you're safe!" They all spoke to me with such conviction, I felt as at ease as anyone could. The after care was beyond exceptional. He is soft spoken, looks you in the eye, is gentle like a butterfly & truly one of the most impressive, genuinely caring human beings I've ever had the pleasure of being introduced to! The man actually accepted a hug from me. If he's your surgeon, you're in the greatest hands you could ask for.
He told my husband he would come talk to him after the surgery and he never did. We waited 2.5 hours for him to come talk to us after the surgery and he never showed. We asked for a phone call the next day and he never called. He obviously could care less about me as a patient and just cares about the money.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Kenneth G Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSmith Surgical Services Llc, 12122 Tesson Ferry Rd Ste 101, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth G Smith in this video.
Dr. Kenneth G Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.