Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth Gershengorn
Dr. Kenneth Gershengorn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chelsea, MA. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gershengorn is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Cambridge Hospital. Dr. Gershengorn has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth Gershengorn has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I visited Dr. Gershengorn at his Brookline office (Cardiology Associates of Greater Boston) during summer of 2009. I hadn't seen a doctor in a few years, and needed a new primary care physician. I found Dr. Gershengorn through my health insurance provider, which listed his practice as a Primary Care Physician as well as Cardiologist.I scheduled a standard check up appointment with Dr. Gershengorn, and before being examined by the doctor I was looked over by his assistant who administered various tests, such as a blood pressure reading, as well comprehensive blood sample, and an ECG. I was informed that this was standard procedure, and was part of the initial check up visit. Unfortunately, I was not informed about the blood test BEFORE coming in, and wasn't told to fast before the appointment. As such, I ate minutes beforehand, which nullifies some of the results of the test. My blood sugar in fact came high, and I was told that I would have to retake the test again to obtain and accurate result. Also, the ECG wasn't covered by my insurance, and I had to pay for it out of pocket. I'm left questioning whether I really neeed the ECG, considering that I was a generally healthy 28 year old.I would describe Dr. Gershengorn's bedside manner as curt and brusque. He didn't introduce himself to me in the first place, and didn't even offer to shake my hand. Overall, he didn't always seem interested in my questions or concerns. When performing a testicular exam, Dr. Gershengorn did so without any warning or asking for permission, and performed the exam without wearing a glove. Needless to say that was unpleasant and shocking experience.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gershengorn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Kenneth Gershengorn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOccupational Health Center, 1000 Broadway, Chelsea, MA
Dr. Kenneth Gershengorn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chelsea, MA.