Dr. Kenneth Gershengorn Is this you?

12 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Gershengorn?

Negative experience at Cardiology Associates of Greater Boston

Posted on December 10th, 2009

I visited Dr. Gershengorn at his Brookline office (Cardiology Associates of Greater Boston) during summer of 2009. I hadn't seen a doctor in a few years, and needed a new primary care physician. I found Dr. Gershengorn through my health insurance provider, which listed his practice as a Primary Care Physician as well as Cardiologist.I scheduled a standard check up appointment with Dr. Gershengorn, and before being examined by the doctor I was looked over by his assistant who administered various tests, such as a blood pressure reading, as well comprehensive blood sample, and an ECG. I was informed that this was standard procedure, and was part of the initial check up visit. Unfortunately, I was not informed about the blood test BEFORE coming in, and wasn't told to fast before the appointment. As such, I ate minutes beforehand, which nullifies some of the results of the test. My blood sugar in fact came high, and I was told that I would have to retake the test again to obtain and accurate result. Also, the ECG wasn't covered by my insurance, and I had to pay for it out of pocket. I'm left questioning whether I really neeed the ECG, considering that I was a generally healthy 28 year old.I would describe Dr. Gershengorn's bedside manner as curt and brusque. He didn't introduce himself to me in the first place, and didn't even offer to shake my hand. Overall, he didn't always seem interested in my questions or concerns. When performing a testicular exam, Dr. Gershengorn did so without any warning or asking for permission, and performed the exam without wearing a glove. Needless to say that was unpleasant and shocking experience.

Posted on February 14th, 2017