Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth H Moon Jr
Dr. Kenneth H Moon Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Moon is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center and Iowa Health Des Moines Luthern Hospital. Dr. Moon has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth H Moon Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
Showing 5 of 9
I FEEL Dr. Moon IS A VERY CARING PERSON.He WAS VERY THOUROW WITH THE QUESTIONS HE ASKED,TAKING NOTES,TYPING THEM IN TO COORDINATE WITH MY OTHER Dr.He had a great bedside manner,and spent the time with me to get all information right.I would reccomend him.He does work in a clinic that accepts walk ins,so i would make an appt. if your in a hurry.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Moon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Kenneth H Moon Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUnitypoint Clinic Family Medicine Parks Area, 2301 E 14th St, Des Moines, IA
Dr. Kenneth H Moon Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.