Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth J Headen has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Kenneth J Headen has the following 14 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Showing 5 of 44
Before my referral to Dr Headen I had bad experiences with psychs. The ones I'd seen made me uncomfortable, hadn't taken me seriously& rushed me out the door. Dr Headen took the time to listen as well as ask questions and explained everything really well. I'd recommend him to anyone seeking a psychiatrist. The therapist "David" at his office is also an amazing listener and does an amazing job of explaining things as well. I'm so glad I finally got into a place where they actually seem to care about my mental health.
only dr that helped
Although when I arrived, they were quite busy and I had to wait a little longer than I had planned, it was a much better experience overall than my previous psychiatrist.. Dr. Headen listened to your concerns, gave great feedback, and gave me some unique encouragement. He has a very pleasant beside manner and I never felt rushed. This was my first appointment and I do appreciate thus far the caring professionals at his office. Thank you, Carmen Greene
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Kenneth J Headen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsUnited Quest Care Srevices Llc, 708 Summit Ave, Greensboro, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth J Headen in this video.
Dr. Kenneth J Headen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensboro, NC.