Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth A Hermens has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Kenneth A Hermens has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Kenneth A Hermens has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kenneth A Hermens is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Very outdated attitude in front desk and the doctor himself. Seemed pleasant enough at first, but as appointment went on it became clear that he is just patronizing and condescending in a pleasant way. He decided what was wrong before I explained what happened and didn't listen after that point. Office tried bullying me into an unnecessary follow up, threatening to unapprove PT appointments that had already occurred and been approved. They really wanted that money from another office visit! Very poor, opaque, and confused communication between their office and the physical therapist.
I had been in terrible pain for a period of years due to arthritis in my neck, back and spine. Then last year my left hip started hurting and it progressively worsened. I was given Dr. Hermen's name for a hip replacement surgeon. My first impression was that he was very knowledgeable with hip and surgical procedures, and a very confident Dr. which I really liked. He does the frontal lateral hip replacement procedure, which is an incision that goes through the front of your hip, instead of the most practicing way through your backside. I studied, and educated myself on the benefits of this procedure, and Dr. Hermen's also provides ample information for you to read up on too. I had my hip replacement surgery just 12 weeks ago, and I am doing everything I use to when my hip was healthy. In fact, at 8 weeks post surgery I had minimal to no pain, and was working out to my exercise CD's. I would say Dr Hermen's did an outstanding job, he was in to visit and access me every day I was in the hospital, and made sure I was set up with physical therapy before I was sent home. He follows up with me after surgery on a weekly, then monthly basis making sure everything is going well, and the incision is hardly noticeable! I can barely see the area where my incision is which to many women is an important issue. So if you are contemplating who to choose as a physician to replace your hip, I highly suggest and promise that you will be happy, and very satisfied with Dr. Hermens, also he is one of a rare few doctors that actually do the surgery through the front, and that cut my recovery, and ability to get back to a normal and active routine in half, compared to doctors only performing the surgery through your backside. Take my advice, and my own personal testimony and choose Dr. Hermens you will be very glad you did!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Kenneth A Hermens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Clinic At Thp, 1200 NE 48th Ave, Hillsboro, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth A Hermens in this video.
Dr. Kenneth A Hermens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hillsboro, OR.