Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth S Hershon has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kenneth S Hershon has the following 15 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Lipid Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Gland Issues
Dr. Kenneth S Hershon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kenneth S Hershon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Hershon is POMPOUS, ARROGANT, RUDE, and UNPROFESSIONAL who treats patients with a COMPLETE LACK OF RESPECT. He shows no compassion or kindness. There is no reason why a young DIABETIC GIRL should be brought to tears. On top of that he would not even give me (her mother) a moment to explain a situation. My daughter phoned the office for a prescription to be phoned in to a pharmacy the day before! IT WAS NOT DONE. She was forced to call the Emergency line, when she spoke to him he ADMONISHED HER as if she were a 5-year old, when it was the office's negligence for not phoning in a prescription in the first place! His behavior towards her was uncalled for and unacceptable and will NOT be tolerated by me.
He spends a lot of time with patient but did not want to discuss health issues that were related and developed as a shortly after he adjusted the level of medication I was taking. He was argumentative and then when the blood results came back from that visit, he did not call me to discuss. Several areas tested were out of range and should have warranted a phone call to discuss.
42 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth S Hershon accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Diabetes And Endocrine Associates, 3003 New Hyde Park Rd Ste 201, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth S Hershon in this video.
Dr. Kenneth S Hershon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.