Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth Higby
Dr. Kenneth Higby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with other offices in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX (and 2 other locations). He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Higby is affiliated with Christus Santa Rosa Rehabilitation Hospital, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital and Northeast Baptist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth Higby has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Great doctor but turns out they do not accept any insurance and I was slapped with a $9,000 bill from them. Now they won't answer their phone or contact me back about my astronomical bill. I would never recommend this practice to anyone else after this. They treated me like family and I felt like family when I was there but then this bill? Now no one is calling me back or answering? Come to find out I know someone else that had to drive to the practice and settled his $10,000 bill with $5,000.00. STEER CLEAR. I am very disappointed that I am unable to recommend Dr Higby to anyone.
Dr. Higby diagnosed our daughter with Spina Bifida, and was nothing but extremely supportive and thorough during all our visits. While he partner refused to share medical info with me (even though we're highly educated), Higby always willingly shared every detail for which I asked. He provided exceptional care and was happy to meet our daughter after she was born.
Dr. Higby misdiagnosed our daughter with Down Syndrome and then when test results said otherwise, he did not call to report them, a nurse did, and even when we asked for an explanation of the results at our subsequent visits, he could never explain adequately what they meant nor could he give an explanation for what might be the situation if not DS. He wanted to do one expensive test after another just to rule out different syndromes even though the outcome of the tests would not change our level of observation and care. Our baby ended up being perfectly healthy even though he had us stressed out of our minds thinking something was wrong.
I was referred to Dr. Higby due to my autoimmune and blood cotting diseases. Dr. Higby was very thorough when seeing me and the baby. He is doing everything possible to make sure I have no complications in my very high risk pregnancy. I am very confident that my Baby Girl will be healthy and I will have a perfect delivery.
Dr. Higby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christus Santa Rosa Rehabilitation Hospital
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Northeast Baptist Hospital
Southwest General Hospital
St Luke's Baptist Hospital
Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
Santa Rosa Hospital
Methodist Childrens Hospital SW TX
26 Years Experience
Michigan State University
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Kenneth Higby accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kenneth Higby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.