Dr. Kenneth J Hyde Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth J Hyde?

Very inconsiderate

Doctor's office called and asked if I could come in early as they had several cancellations. I dropped everything and arrived at his office over an hour earlier than my original appointment. Waited in waiting room for 15 minutes, then in exam room for just under an hour. Dr. Hyde offered no apology at all and was very aloof. He asked why I needed to see him and I told him his associate referred me to him for potential eyelid surgery. He dismissed this and asked again why I wanted to see him as he had not had the time to read my chart. I told him I did not appreciate having to wait well over an hour when they had called me to come in earlier. He bluntly stated "do you want to see me or not" and opened the door. I was literally shocked at his attitude. Since I had already invested the time and travel (30 minutes to drive there) I told him to continue. He spent less than 15 minutes with me and literally did nothing but ask questions I had answered already and were in my file. His parting comment was "you don't need to see me again." Absolutely horrible professional service, absolutely no personality and I don't give a crap about you attitude. Worst medical professional I think I have ever encountered.

Left Eyelid Restored

Using a two step process Dr. Hyde restored both form and function to my left eyelid which had been damaged in two separate childhood injuries some 60 years ago. Field of vision and peripheral vision are now both excellent!

Saved My Sight

About 1995 Dr Hyde did surgery on my left eye , about 6 mo. later the right eye was done . I had Anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (AION) . At the time it was experimental surgery. Soon after my surgery, the the procedure was not approved any longer . It saved my sight . I am now 81 years old and have 20/20 vision with slight corrective lenses . I will always be thankfull to Dr Hyde. I was watching 20/20 on ABC tonight and there was a 23 year old man with the same thing . It is a rather rare condition. I gave him a 4 star rating because there was not a 10 star option..

2 Failed surgeries

Dr. Hyde preformed surgery on me in 2008 to correct congenital ptosis in my left eye. Results were.. no immediate improvement, was told wait 6 mo for healing. Still the same after a yr, thought it was hopeless. In 2011 I went back for a 2nd surgery, at my expense.. He was never very personable, or polite, very arrogant and condescending. He would close his eyes when responding to a question, almost as if it pained him to have to explain something to a mere patient.. Which I overlooked, i just wanting my obstructed vision fixed. Anyway the 2nd surgery was also a failure, my ptosis remains as bad as it was to start. But what was really upsetting was upon follow up he told me that the surgeries were a success.. That the problem must be psychological.. That I was causing my eyelid to droop.. Unbelievable, there was another girl in there with the same problem as mine about to go for surgery #2. I regret not telling her my story... Currently looking to try my hand with a new surgeon.

Happy Parent

We are beginning our second eye surgery encounter with Dr. Hyde. He did my son's first Ptosis surgery in 2007, and now due to his growth, we have the opportunity to experience Dr. Hyde's very calm and compassionate bedside manner. His explanation of what to expect and options of types of surgeries has been very reassuring. His staff member Lisa was very patient and helpful as well.

the times that Dr. Hyde has seen me, dr. Hyde was very knowledeable and his staff very couteous.

honest, informative and friendly

Dr. Kenneth J Hyde is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.