Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth J Baker has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Kenneth J Baker has the following 12 expertise
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Kenneth J Baker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
VERY disappointed and uneasy about being in his care. He looked at a single complaint I had for a minute from a distance, diagnosed it as something non-pregnancy related that he's not very familiar with and then blew off or fully ignored everything that made that diagnosis very inconsistent/ unlikely and everything else I said about any other symptom I was having (including the biggie: significantly decreased fetal movements). He brushed everything off and didn't give me the opportunity to ask any general questions I had. Very frustrating experience with this doctor. I tend to trust doctors' opinions but this left me feeling VERY uncomfortable and concerned. I have requested to never have him as my doctor again, and very fortunately, the other doctors in the practice are all wonderful and attentive!
This Dr is horrible, spent almost no time with me, didn't listen to anything I had to say despite me being a high risk pregnancy. Also showing up unknowingly to their albany office, I was treated to the sight of multiple drug deals going on right outside as I tried to find safe parking, scared to even take my 4 year old out of the car! After such an awful experience, I'd go ANYWHERE ELSE rather than have this butcher deliver my baby. If I could give 0 stars I would.
I haven't seen Dr Baker but he sounds wonderful. My problem is the practice. They have one receptionist to make appointments for 5 doctors. She never answers the phone but calls you back hours later. When you do get to speak with her she is extremely rude and impatient. A terrible system for trying to make appointments at a busy practice. Last time I called for my yearly check up, I couldn't get an appointment at a time I needed 3 MONTHS into the future.
My preference in doctors has always been women especially for my pregnancies until I met Dr. Kenneth Baker. He has a friendly deposition and beyond question, has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've met. He listens AND pays attention to your concerns and has an air of trust that puts you immediately at ease. Not only is Dr. Baker well-liked by his patients, he is also adored by the staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
24 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1994
St Barnabas Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth J Baker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Peters Medical Group Practice, 1240 New Scotland Rd Ste 100, Slingerlands, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth J Baker in this video.
Dr. Kenneth J Baker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Slingerlands, NY.