Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth J Gold has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Kenneth J Gold has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Kenneth J Gold is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Gold is the kindest psychiatrist I've ever seen in my life. On several occasions he gave me money for life-saving drugs that I could not afford on my own. One time I had to talk to him for three times longer than my appointment because I was so sad and he did not rush me at all. I don't understand why people could ever say anything negative about him - he is so dedicated to helping his patients. Don't listen to the bad reviews, Dr. G is the best doctor in Florida!!
In the past 3 years he has only been on time twice. I see him quarterly. I waited over 2 hours on one occasion. Another time I waited so long I just left and had to reschedule. His staff are very unprofessional and his office manager is downright nasty. He overbooks as well. I complain about this all the time and his nasty office manager tells me Dr Gold takes all the time he needs with patients... but cmon.. every time I have a 45 minute wait minimum after my scheduled appointment time. I am positive he works for kickbacks for the Lexapro and Seroquel salesmen. Tell him you are getting better and watch how fast he tells you I think you are confusing this with a manic high episode and he will try to put you on a new med. Scum like this is why America's medicine cost so high.
Dr. Gold is kind, caring and helpful in meeting the costs of prescriptions.
Sheppard Pratt Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWest Palm Beach Va Medical Center, 7305 N Military Trl, Riviera Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth J Gold in this video.
Dr. Kenneth J Gold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riviera Beach, FL.