Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth M Kernen
Dr. Kenneth M Kernen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Troy, MI, with another office in West Bloomfield, MI. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Kernen is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. Dr. Kernen has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Kenneth M Kernen has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Kenneth M Kernen has the following 46 expertise
- Castration (Orchiectomy)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Balloon Dilatation
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Bladder Issues
- Penile Implantation
- Testicular Cancer (Seminoma)
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Testicular Hydrocele
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urethral Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Testicular Diseases
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- HPV Type 6 (Human Papillomavirus)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Diversion (Urinary Bladder Removal)
- Low-Level Laser Therapy
- Kidney Stones
- Reproductive Sterilization
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Kidney Cancer
- Urethral Stricture
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Erection lasting too long (Priapism)
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Electric Stimulation Therapy
- Penile Prostheses
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Dr. Kenneth M Kernen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth M Kernen - Posted on February 16th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth M Kernen - Posted on December 23rd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth M Kernen - Posted on September 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth M Kernen - Posted on July 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth M Kernen - Posted on April 28th, 2017
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Kernen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth M Kernen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth M Kernen, MD - Urology in Troy, MI, in this video.
Dr. Kenneth M Kernen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Troy, MI.