Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth L Klein has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
First of all, the nurse attempted to take my history, using another patients chart. She stormed off, and talked to the front desk, once she realized she had the wrong patient. She never verified my name/birthday when she sat down with me.I waited for 30 minutes once in the room, before I saw Dr. Klein. He rushed in, asked the nurse what I was here for, and performed a 3 second skin check. He asked if I wanted the mole removed, quickly numbed it with lidocaine, and walked out of the room. He never took my history, and seemed very disinterested in what I had to say. He performed a shave biopsy, placed a bandaid, and never gave me wound care instructions. After researching online, I realized how I needed to manage the site. I had to ask the clinic to call with the results which they said were "fine", but when I requested the pathology I was surprised to see a dysplasic nevus/moderate atypia. Now the mole has come back (1 month later), and I have to find a different dermatologist.
Every doctor I have ever been to, won't charge you for an office visit to remove stitches. When I enquired why I was charged, the answer was--Well, if they are removed within 10 day they dont charge, but after that they Can charge. Well, when THEY give you an appointment for the removal 13 days after--they Bill you. I Won't go back to this guy.
Rude, tactless and unfriendly. Thought is just me, but I discovered that it wasn't! Maybe this doctor has changed his attitude in the last few years (hopefully). I no longer see him and would NEVER recommend anyone else to do so. There's also another dermatologist in New Bern that a friend advised me to see. He's awesome. Friendly, professional and make skin looks great!
Dr. Klein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Kenneth L Klein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsEast Carolina Dermatology And Skin Surgery, 600 McCarthy Blvd, New Bern, NC
Dr. Kenneth L Klein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Bern, NC.