Dr. Kenneth G Lawlor Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth G Lawlor?

Horrible office

Dr. Lawlor office policies and staff are terrible. He is employed under an umbrella company that is established in the valley however does not abide by the same policies. PPO patients are required to have referral before an appointment. Once referral is given the office is supposed to mail you new paperwork. After filling out the paperwork the patient is to send it back and THEN they will schedule an appointment. Unfortunately, after following all of the rules, Dr. Lawlor's office has not worked with me at all. The staff is rude and inadequate. Obviously Lawlor is about money, not patients.

Terrible

Rude, abrasive and sees you as a great big dollar sign. Complains about his costs and will not renew a script unless he gets an office visit out of it. Stops the consultation when he's ready whether you're done or not.

He has no sympathy for someone in pain

This was my 3rd visit to his office. The first time, I saw him and his Nurse Practitioner, Ryan Standage. Told them I had moved from CA and was diagnosed with OA and RA in my fingers and OA in my back. (Had back surgery in 2009 and arthritis set in at the surgery site). Explained I was applying for Disability (I was a typist for more than 35 years). They encouraged me to go back to work. LOL. Stay active. 2nd visit I explained the meds weren't working, so they gave me an injection. No effect on my pain. Saw Dr. Lawlor again today....took a questionnaire from my Disability advocate for him to fill out and he refused. Said it was illegal for him to fill it out/only a Disability doctor can do that. Kept me on the same meds, which aren't helping. I was also informed that his office may not accept my insurance in the coming weeks/months and if they choose not to accept my insurance, I will have to pay $85 out of pocket, per visit, instead of the $40 my insurance co-pay is now. Took my husband with me today with the hope that the doctor would listen to my complaints.....to no avail.

excellent dr

I am amazed at these negative reviews. Dr. Lawlor was recruited for Prescott by the hospital and he is super knowledgeable and I've always found him easy to work with. He is amazingly respectful regarding me and my concerns. I don't go in looking for opiates to solve my problems, I don't know if that affects these reviews or not. His front office is good but I have had extremely mixed experiences with his PAs. So my review is for Dr L, not his PAs. My last couple visits he didn't have a PA so it was no issue. Also, now that he joined Arizona Arthritis group, you have to call the Phoenix office which is a bit ridiculous, since they know nothing about Prescott. Nothing in Prescott is more than 8 miles from anywhere else; when I need to talk to the office I just stop by there rather than try to beg Phoenix to let me talk to them. I was sad when Dorothy retired but actually I have worked with his new staff quite a few times with various issues, and I like them a lot. I just took one star off of staff because phone contact (through Phoenix) just does not work for me.

Front office is incompetent

Found out on the day of my appointment that they do not take my insurance anymore. Made the appointment over a month ago and they even called to change my appointment and still did not say anything about my insurance. Will not be going back even if they are to take my insurance in the future. I think they think that since they are the only Rheumatologist in Prescott that they can do whatever they want. Very sad on there part. We need another rheumatology in Prescott AZ that care about there clients.

Pastor

Recently, I was suffering from a lot of server pain in my hands, feet, legs, and back. I went to the office twice looking for a plan of relief. After waiting 2 months to get in, the interns that I saw first took the time to ask questions and to diagnose my problems accurately and thoroughly. If they could have worked with me for a way to proceed, I would have found some relief. However, Dr. Lawlor had to come in and ruein the whole experience. He has no personal care or interest in the patient as a person in need. Even though I live 10 miles from the office, I have chosen to drive 130 to Phoenix to get the relief that I needed, and I'm so glad that I did.

Go to a Phoenix area Rheumatologist, don't settle, since he is the only one is Prescott!!

I went to see Dr. Lawlor regarding Sjogren's Syndrome and Fibro. He immediately wanted to start me on Cancer Medications, and I said NO, I do not have Cancer why would I want to poison myself with those types of meds. I said I would like to try natural type remedies, and he walk out the door, very rude and absolutely no bedside manner, compassion or caring... whatsoever!!!!

Have been seeing him for about 2 years and hated every minute but he was the only Rheum. on my insurance plan. Horrible bed-side manner - arrogant & rude - no empathy at all - Still don't know why he is a DOCTOR!! Saw his NP once and she is WONDERFUL. After last visit - had enough! Going to PHX for new Rhuem., it will be worth the drive. Don't deserve to be treated that way! Office staff and NP were TERRIFIC...Too bad he is so RUDE!

He was 35 min late, came in. Introduces himself and had his back turned to me the whole time cause he was looking at my records in computer. He asked me a few questions about my pain, told me the General practicioner had already done all the tests he would have done on me-so he told me it was fibromyalgia. Do pressure point testing or physical touching to see if I had pain. He handed me a brochure of websites I could go to, told me Finromyalgia has no cure so get used to it

Glad I went to Dr. Lawlor

Dr. Lawlor had appropriate test done. Gave me all needed information needed.

Go tho Phoenix and see a professional there!

Rude Doctor/Rude Staff!!

this doctor has a know it all my way or highway complex . Does not believe you have valid aliment unless he diagnosis it himself even with proof on paper and yet doesn't meet criteria to his perceptio n