Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kenneth L Lu has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Kenneth L Lu has the following 10 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
Dr. Kenneth L Lu has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kenneth L Lu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Botched my mother's cataract surgery. Capsule torn, the edge of it causing sunburst effect from lights. Lens placed too low, causing halos above lights at night. Inflammation persists 2 months after surgery. Part of the vitreous fluid had leaked anteriorly, also potentially causing more vision problems. My mother had returned post surgery 3 times, and each time he said, "The surgery went great!" Finally, she had to seek a second opinion.
I had cataract surgery by Dr. Lu 3 months ago. The surgery was easy, straightforward, and painless. I had my astigmatism corrected with a special lens. I now see better than ever, even better than when I was in my 20's. The only complaint is now I can see the wrinkles on my face that I haven't seen in this detail in many years. But that's a small price to pay for otherwise seeing the world in its truest form. He is an excellent surgeon. I recommend him without reservation.
Dr. Lu has an excellent reputation in the Arcadia area, well known to physicians and patients. I was referred to him by my sister who had a great experience with her cataract surgery. I just needed my eyes checked for diabetes. He is careful, courteous, efficient. I did not have to wait very long. The office staff is wonderful, from scheduling to technician to check out. I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lu. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.
I experienced sudden floaters and a shadow in my vision. When I called the office, an alert technician suspected a serious problem and had me coming in right away. Sure enough, Dr. Lu diagnosed retinal detachment and referred me to a retinal specialist on the same day. I had surgery to reattach my retina that very day, which saved my vision. I am forever grateful to Liz, the technician, and to Dr. Lu for speedy recognition and referral to save my vision.
Dr. Lu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth L Lu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDoheny Eye Center, 622 W Duarte Rd Ste 101, Arcadia, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth L Lu, MD - Ophthalmology in Arcadia, CA, in this video.
Dr. Kenneth L Lu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arcadia, CA.