Dr. Kenneth Lu Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Lu?

Surgery Failed

Posted on July 23rd, 2016

Botched my mother's cataract surgery. Capsule torn, the edge of it causing sunburst effect from lights. Lens placed too low, causing halos above lights at night. Inflammation persists 2 months after surgery. Part of the vitreous fluid had leaked anteriorly, also potentially causing more vision problems. My mother had returned post surgery 3 times, and each time he said, "The surgery went great!" Finally, she had to seek a second opinion.

The previous positive reviews are written by himself!

Posted on June 7th, 2016

Very poor bedside manner and misdiagnosed. Did not refer me to the right specialist, now my eyes are getting worst!

Posted on January 21st, 2014

I had cataract surgery by Dr. Lu 3 months ago. The surgery was easy, straightforward, and painless. I had my astigmatism corrected with a special lens. I now see better than ever, even better than when I was in my 20's. The only complaint is now I can see the wrinkles on my face that I haven't seen in this detail in many years. But that's a small price to pay for otherwise seeing the world in its truest form. He is an excellent surgeon. I recommend him without reservation.

Posted on January 20th, 2014

Dr. Lu has an excellent reputation in the Arcadia area, well known to physicians and patients. I was referred to him by my sister who had a great experience with her cataract surgery. I just needed my eyes checked for diabetes. He is careful, courteous, efficient. I did not have to wait very long. The office staff is wonderful, from scheduling to technician to check out. I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lu. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

Amazing save

Posted on January 15th, 2014

I experienced sudden floaters and a shadow in my vision. When I called the office, an alert technician suspected a serious problem and had me coming in right away. Sure enough, Dr. Lu diagnosed retinal detachment and referred me to a retinal specialist on the same day. I had surgery to reattach my retina that very day, which saved my vision. I am forever grateful to Liz, the technician, and to Dr. Lu for speedy recognition and referral to save my vision.

Miracle worker

Posted on January 14th, 2014

I had cataract surgery done in both eyes by Dr. Lu last year. Not only is my vision much clearer, he offered me a choice of multifocal lens implant where I can now see far and near without glasses! I am so happy with my vision now that I can read the newspaper at breakfast and see the golf ball land on the green without any glasses. Dr. Lu is a wonderful eye surgeon!

Posted on January 13th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Lu since 1999. He's done LASIK and eyelid surgery on my eyes, LASIK on my daughter's eyes, and numerous cataract surgeries on my friends, whom I've referred to him. He has been the most wonderful doctor to deal with throughout. He is attentive, detailed, thorough and an excellent surgeon. He is kind, warmhearted and efficient. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking eye care.

Posted on January 13th, 2014

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Lu, who removed my cataracts and improved my eyesight. I can now see the world in the details that I had missed for many years. His surgical skills are unparalleled and his bedside manner is excellent.

Review for Kenneth Lu

Posted on June 22nd, 2013

Kenneth Lu seems much more concerned about preening himself than getting to know his patients. After my visit, I looked at other reviews on this website, and was not surprised to see other patients complaining of the same things I experienced, such as him dismissing my concerns and not showing much interest in my case, my health, or me as a patient. Such an uncaring and shoddy doctor like Kenneth Lu does not deserve to be at a world class institution like Doheny. Waste of a medical education. Note, this review does not apply to the other doctors at Doheny, many of which are excellent. The rest of the staff seems to be hit or miss.

Posted on July 13th, 2012

Very poor bedside manner. Not thorough. Was not able to help me or able to refer me to somebody who can. He also laughed and dismissed my concerns when I was clearly upset. He shouldn't be practicing.

Posted on October 21st, 2017