Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth M Wong has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Unstable Angina
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
Showing 5 of 13
This is the most thorough cardiologist and gifted doctor that I have ever met. He is kind and compassionate and really listens to what you have to say. He is Mayo Clinic trained I'm told and it shows! I have been to Mayo Clinic and there is no place like it. I am a patient as is my husband and he even stopped by to check on my daughter recently when she was in the hospital.
I would love to comment on Dr. Wong's abilities as a physician but I never got to see him. I had an 11:00 appointment, arrived at 10:50, filled out numerous forms, had my photo taken (never had to do that before) and waited and waited and waited. In visiting with some of the other patients that were waiting I realized that most had been there for at least an hour. Two realized that they both had the same 10:30 appointment. I waited for an hour and five minutes, got up and told the receptionist that I could wait no longer and walked out. I expected a call from his office when I got home, but it has been three days and nothing yet. I think Dr. Wong is simply too busy to be my doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Kenneth M Wong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntegris Cardiovascular Physicians, 3433 NW 56th St Ste 400, Oklahoma City, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth M Wong in this video.
Dr. Kenneth M Wong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.