Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 10
Wonderful and Caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn - Posted on June 13th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn - Posted on June 12th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn - Posted on November 11th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn - Posted on February 7th, 2017
I changed doctors because I had to wait from 1 to 2 hours with an appointment before I saw the doctor and then I was hurried out of the office. I was thrilled with the time Dr Mac (that is what he said to call him) spent with me and he actually listened to me. He does not push prescriptions, which I readily agree with. I will continue to see him and recommend him to everyone.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1992
Latrobe Area Hospital
Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Locations & DirectionsV S PRIMO HEALTHCARE, 7000 Spyglass Ct Ste 130, Melbourne, FL
Dr. Kenneth R Mcelynn is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.