Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz
Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wethersfield, CT. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Merkatz is affiliated with Veterans Home And Hospital. Dr. Merkatz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz has the following 13 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I suffered with a heart problem for many years....was put on all kinds of meds, changed diet, tried to change life.....nothing worked, problem persisted, in fact it got worse. Found Dr M and rec'd a diagnosis, had the surgical procedure and problem gone.........I love this doctor! Skilled, personable, dedicated, and know his craft!!!!!
After years of suffering with a heart problem and being prescribed many different meds and solutions by several doctors I had the good fortune of seeing Dr Merkatz. My advice is this.......you have a heart problem/concern GO SEE DR MERKATZ FIRST!!! I cannot stress that enough. He not only identified the problem he took the necessary steps to get it 'fixed'. Problem gone!!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Merkatz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1988
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Multispecialty Group Pc, 1260 Silas Deane Hwy Ste 105, Wethersfield, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz in this video.
Dr. Kenneth A Merkatz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wethersfield, CT.