Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth M Oates has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My husband's shoulder was replaced two months ago by Dr. Oates in Anacortes. We have nothing but the very best to say about the whole experience. Yes, there was a wait of weeks to get on the surgery schedule but as he explained, there is only one of him and he's seeing several patients a day for replacement and it's just that he's so busy that he can't physically get you in any earlier. We wanted the BEST and so we were willing to wait for him. It was worth it as the shoulder has gone so beautifully from the first day of surgery all the way through the PT schedule and the follow ups at his office. We know several people here in the San Juans who have been very satisfied patients of Dr. Oates and that is why we choose him. So glad we did!!
I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Oates and I am completely satisfied with his work. I am late 20's male that enjoys fitness so I am sure that had something to do with my recovery. I have had one SLAP tear repair which took about 1 1/2 years for full function and confidence but the severity of my injury was fairly extensive. Recently I tore my right ankle in a motorcycle accident (improper PPE) I completely dislocated it to the point where it ripped my skin from being stretched. I am at six weeks post op and walking around almost 100 naturally, I am probably 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule. I have complete and total confidence in doctor Oates ability to put me back together.
28 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth M Oates accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest Orthopedic Surgeons, 1500 Continental Pl, Mount Vernon, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth M Oates in this video.
Dr. Kenneth M Oates is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Vernon, WA.