Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth Petersel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Petersel ordered all kinds of lab tests, etc. Never explains what the findings were. Went to another Dr. who took blood, and asked how was my Diabetes going. I was shocked to know I had Diabetes. Petersel never told me I had it after several blood drawings and exams. He just kept ordering tests and kept billing my insurance company and me. Thank God I didn't die from Diabetes I never knew I had. DOCTOR??? I don't Believe it.
Dr. Petersel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NYU Winthrop Hospital
North Shore University Hospital
North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
Nassau County Medical Center
Syosset Hospital - Nslij
- Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. Kenneth Petersel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKenneth H Petersel MD PC, 1617 Front St, East Meadow, NY
Dr. Kenneth Petersel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Meadow, NY.