Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth W Plunkitt
Dr. Kenneth W Plunkitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Naples, FL. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Plunkitt is affiliated with Nch Baker Hospital Downtown. Dr. Plunkitt has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth W Plunkitt has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Arrhythmia (Parasystole)
Showing 5 of 14
I have read the other comments that have been posted. I owe my life to this man and his staff for accurately diagnosing my issue and correcting it. I think I am a patient patient. I understand that some patients take more time than others. I am one of them occasionally, but have not felt rushed. True, I do not see Dr. Plunkett frequently but have felt the care offered by his PA has been sufficient for my case. I have seen 2 or 3 people to evaluate my pacemaker results and have been called several times about reading. Does he make money. It would appear so and I am glad as that shows he is a successful physician.
Dr. Plunkitt installed 2 ICD devices in me over the past 8-9 years. The last of which was aproximately 4 years ago. In all honesty, during that entire 4 year period, I only saw Dr. Plunkitt twice. Once, just prior to implanting the device and the second time was at a restaurant in Naples. Yet, Dr. Plunkitt continues to bill me on a monthly basis for tests for monitoring that are not required on patients that are not pace dependent. Talk about greed. No wonder the best of his staff are leaving in droves.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Plunkitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Lankenau Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth W Plunkitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDr Kenneth Webb Plunkitt Md, 700 2nd Ave N Ste 301, Naples, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth W Plunkitt in this video.
Dr. Kenneth W Plunkitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naples, FL.