Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth J Ricci has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Showing 5 of 11
I've been a patient of Dr. Ricci for about a year now. His specialization is in men's health but as a female patient I feel at ease. I even followed him when he went to another practice because I was that comfortable and pleased with him. He remembered me when I came to his new practice after almost a year. He is a DO, so he is more concerned about treating the cause rather than symptoms. You can tell he's in excellent health himself and he will stress healthy diet and exercise rather than just prescribing you a bunch of medicines to just essentially put a bandaid on the problem. Some doctors are too eager to whip out the prescription pad, but he knows how to connect the dots and will say, "I cannot prescribe this medicine to you in good conscience because you have this condition", for example. I'm in nursing school myself so I can be kind of a pain to doctors because I "know too much", but with him it is not a problem and there is mutual patient-practitioner respect. His bedside manner is unparalleled. He has emotional intelligence as well as the brain of a doctor- he really knows his patho and does a thorough health history to really get an accurate clinical picture and to provide holistic care. He wanted to know the names of every doctor of mine and what to ask them about this or that issue. Also, he is compassionate and seems to genuinely care about your health! Last year when I saw him I had lost 16 lbs. since my visit with him 3 months prior to that, and he noticed that from my chart and congratulated me and told me to keep up the great work. Doctors are sometimes too busy to really notice those kinds of nuances but he does. And after a scare when I had a swollen lymph node in my neck he assured me that he didn't think it was cancer and that it was probably a reaction from an infection and he was right- after a course of antibiotics it went away. I love this doctor and would recommend him to anyone; while I do believe every patient should advocate for himself/herself, he really makes you feel like he is working for you and with you. There's none of that self-righteous doctor "God complex" here. Also his staff is very friendly and welcoming. Dr. Ricci is a blessing to the field!
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Kenneth J Ricci accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kenneth J Ricci is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.