Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth Salyer
Dr. Kenneth Salyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Plastic Surgery. Dr. Salyer is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas, Medical City Dallas Hospital and John Peter Smith Health Networ, Fort Worth, Tx. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth Salyer has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
Dr. Kenneth Salyer has the following 13 expertise
- Bone Transplantation
- Cleft Lip
- Cleft Palate
- Craniofacial Dysostosis (Cleft Palate)
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Mouth Cancer
- Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)
- Oral Surgical Procedures
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Dr. Kenneth Salyer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Salyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Medical City Dallas Hospital
John Peter Smith Health Networ, Fort Worth, Tx
51 Years Experience
University of Kansas
Graduated in 1962
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions7777 Forest Ln, Dallas, TX
Dr. Kenneth Salyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.