Dr. Kenneth A Scioscia Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth A Scioscia?

Schaffer family

Terrible experience. Spent 5 minutes with me and told me I needed antibiotics when I was already on antibiotics. I felt very rushed. Terrible experience. Saw another doctor and got steroids instead which made me feel so much better.

Terrible unethical doctor

This week I went to see Dr Scioscia and I had a 11am appointment with him. I made sure he accepted my insurance and I double checked online. After I arrived at the office I was told that he didn't accept my insurance plan. That is absolutely wrong. I made the girl call the insurance and check that he accepts healthfirst. He is absolutely listed as a provider. He refused to see me and made me wait 2 hours. He tried to get someone else to see me and after I waited and complained he finally agreed to see me but then told me I should see a different doctor next time. He is terrible and unethical. I'm reporting him to the medical board and the insurance company.

An excellent doctor and skilled surgeon

misdiagnosis

Dont take your children to him.

I really like Dr Scioscia. He has operated on both of my boys. We have been very fortunate that all surgeries have gone well. I think he is very smart and knows what he is doing. I can see how that may come across as arogant at times. But overall I have had a very good experience with him.

Minus one star rating!

I am an RN and This physician should be reported to the medical board, the better business bureau and is guilty of neglect and unfair pain and suffering. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen ! I wouldn't just walk away from him, I would run !

I highly DO NOT recommend this DR for pediatrics

My son had a sleep study performed by a specialty dr and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and fragmented sleep. EVEN with the results DR Scioscia went against a specialist's recommendation and insulted my opinion as a mother and my knowledge of my sons terrible sleep apnea and seeing him suffer from the apnea. He then agreed to do the surgery and we were rescheduled 3 times and cancelled without any knowledge before finally deciding he either is not talented enough or confident enough to perform a pediatric surgery. My son had his blood work done and we wasted a lot of time, pain and money with Dr SCIOSCIA. The office staff never sent documents and paperwork out on time and the office is chaotic. please take my advice and research the ENTs on Long Island. Do not waste your time with Scioscia if you have a pediatric patient.

horrible experience

he gave me the medicine which was very high dose and i got all its side efeect including the chest pain and when i was trying to contact him he was not there and the other doc who was covering him didnt know any thing i stopped that medicine right away and never went back his diagnosis is very poor

Don't Use

Oveall poor experience. Wrong diagnosis, poor follow-up and wouldn't consider my concerns. Prescribed medication but just to feel I was getting treated

Overall negative experience in seeing this doctor

Didn't really listen or address my symptoms. Treated me for the wrong condition and prescribed treatment that aggravated my condtion. Find some ...

Avoid this doctor

I agree with the other commenters. He misdiagnosed my condition, over-tested me probably for the money and is a poor communicator. Uncaring and arrogant as well.

Dr. Kenneth A Scioscia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.