Dr. Kenneth K Tanabe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth K Tanabe?

Great surgeon

I have had two surgeries where Dr Tanabe removed tumors from my liver I am so thankful that I was referred to him. I could not have asked for a better ...

Could not have asked for a better Surgeon So thankful I was referred to him

My mother died in his care

awesome

I saw Dr. Tanabe in consultation for my liver cancer. He and his team were incredibly thorough in their evaluation of me, as well as their explanation of my condition, how I contracted it, and my treatment options. The MRI scan at MGH showed much more detail than the one that I brought to him from my doctor. Although I was initially reluctant to have the MRI performed again, I am so glad that I did. The whole cancer thing is extremely frightening, and I found Dr. Tanabe to be amazingly compassionate. He and his team spent over and hour with me (and my very extended family) discussing my options and prognosis…and that was just the first visit. We ultimately chose liver resection. I had heard that he is the best, and indeed from the very beginning to the very end, it showed. He and his team in the hospital were outstanding. I found the quality of my care to be nothing short of over the top. Incredibly competent, helpful and polite young men and women. You will absolutely not make a mistake choosing Dr. Tanabe.

great physician

I was referred to Dr. Tanabe and I am so pleased that I was. He explained everything to us in a way that we could understand. He has a good sense of humor, which helped calm us down. His team was fantastic. The operation went well, and I feel that owe my life to him. If you need a cancer surgeon, I highly recommend that you seek him out.

Son

5 months ago my mom (may she rest in peace) went to this person as a referral from Mr murphy. My mom knew her diagnosis was dire. Was told she had stage 4 liver cancer. First thing mr. tanabe said to my parents was, I don't know why you were sent to me. At one point as I was on my moms speaker phone, due to the fact that they don't have the capability to conference call with out of state family members. I asked the question why wasn't she tested for liver cancer, Mr. tanabe's response was that the only time they test for liver cancer was when applying for life insurance. First do know harm, yeah right.

A life saver

I think he is a great surgeon. He explained everything thoroughly He was extremely easy to talk to. He answered my very long list of questions. The scar from my operation looks great. I have recovered well and I am cured (4 years later).

Good experience-but his assistant is a ditz

His assistant (Marie) is nice enough yet so unorganized and a ditz. Otherwise good experience with Dr Tanabe

Excellent surgeon

Very pleased with Dr.Tanabe, and very grateful that he saved my life.

Great cancer surgeon

Explained everything thoroughly. Has a great team. Though a very complicated operation,it went smoothly and I recovered well.

I was referred to Dr. Tanabe from my General Practitioner. He not only made a timely appointment he and his Staff helped calm my fears. I would certainly recommend Dr. Tanabe to anyone. He also took time with my husband and answered all his questions of what to expect. Thank you Dr. Tanabe and Thank You to his wonderful Staff and Mass General Hospital.

I am here today to write this because of Dr. Tanabe's extraordinary medical care fourteen years ago. I found Dr. Tanabe to be not only an outstanding doctor, but a wonderfully compassionate human being. He always took the time to explain my medical situation in a manner I could comprehend - a trait fey few surgeons of Dr. Tanabe's talents are able to do.