Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Kenneth J Urban
Dr. Kenneth J Urban, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hilo, HI. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth J Urban has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kenneth J Urban has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Kenneth J Urban has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 4
I am 25 and have Cirrhosis and been looking for a PCP for over 2years, He is the first one I found that listened to what I said and didn't just tell me to "deal with it", say "what do you want me to do" or completely talk over me when I am describing the problem. He allowed me to explain fully even handed me a tissue when I started to cry, he monitors things very well for me considering he is not a liver specialist. When there is a problem he adddress' it immediately and follows up soon after. The staff is friendly and courteous there as well as being patient about insurance forms and confusion. HAppy I have been able to see him
In my opinion he is arragant, condescending, and has no interest in what the patient has to say. If you do not agree with him,you are dismissed with a wave of the hand and away he goes. This is the way he treated my elderly Mother and it was very hurtful to her and the family. She is now in Hospice and we will deal with the Hospice Dr. only, that will treat her with compassion and respect
41 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Jackson Health System
Dr. Kenneth J Urban accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsHilo Family Health Center, 1178 Kinoole St Ste B, Hilo, HI
Dr. Kenneth J Urban is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hilo, HI.