Dr. Kenneth Varley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Varley?

Posted on March 18th, 2015

This doctor has ZERO compassion for his patients. He could care less if you improve from his procedures. His patients are there because they are trying to find joy in their lives. Chronic pain effects every aspect of your life and we deserve at the very least to have a doctor that shows us that he cares. The more procedures you have, the worse you back becomes. Steroids side effects take their toll over time. It is important that chronic pain patients are able to utilize all methods available to you. The procedures that this doctor performs are so painful and honestly I have never felt pain so intensely. I was in tears following the many frequent procedures that he expected me to endure. He turned his back on me when I needed him most. My fusion pain did not compare to the pain he caused. I had to return to my surgeon to take over my care and direct me not to return to this line of treatment. He reads every website similar to this one, and you can tell which review that he or his staff writes because he will say "Dr Varley and his staff" blah, blah, blah. You will also note that his self reviews have many sentences that begin with "I". They will never learn about you, it will always be about them, and obviously he knows what he is doing is crossing the line, but since I see more people with the same experience as I've had, I know he will never change. He will document that you just want drugs, when you were not even needing drugs until he traumatized your back. I asked for my medical records from another doctor who had received records from Dr Varley and it said I was at risk for opioid as and misuse. Really? Is that how you control you patients? Shame on you! Interesting that I don't drink, smoke, never taken an illicit drug in my life, but in a matter of 2 short years, I went from scuba diving, biking over the Golden Gate bridge, enjoying life to needing a back fusion and all the problems that come with your back failing you. I had to have a stable back so the fusion was needed, but I searched for relief from the immobility, pain, numbness, burning, and I had never taken meds before so I do not appreciate that statement going into my permanent records. If I could only take it back and not had all those crazy procedures, I may be in better shape. I shake my head at how you could treat me so badly. I'm sure it's worth it to you, but I will never forget you. Funny thing, most patients realize after a while that the likelihood of them getting better is not possible, but their are some doctors that treat you with kindness and respect, none the less. What happened to you that you don't have it in you? When a person is in such horrific pain and crying to you and you just turn your back on them...and you try to damage them morally and ethically. The trauma you have caused me is more than I can describe here. I hate that other people have had to go thru the same thing, but I was glad to know that it really had nothing to do with me. Why don't you try to go into work tomorrow and think about what you are doing to other people. We don't ever forget how you've treated us, ok? TRY BEING NICE AND TRULY HELP ELIMINATE PAIN. Come on, try it for a change. You've had a lifetime to make money, so why not think about philanthropy. Your patients need you.

Hardest dr to get appointment that is convient for patient

Posted on February 20th, 2015

Have been to dr barley several times . Have had over 4 epidural pain blocks and not much relief from pain . Wait time is ridiculous ! You have to have a driver to take you when you have a procedure . Very inconsiderate of trying to schedule so that you are able to make it to follow up visits I don't really think he listens to what the patient says,because he has to ask several times what the pain is . Then he doesn't address it when he does the procedure I wish I had changed Drs after at least 2visits. I would not recommend him to anyone Staff is not considerate either

Waste of $$$$

Posted on September 24th, 2013

He clearly did not listen to me and injected pain meds into me 5 different times with absolutely no result. Each time I went he assured me it would take up to 5 treatments for which I waited 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours to even be seen. After the injections did not work (not to mention complete waste of my time) I went to another doctor where I found out immediately Dr. Varley misdiagnosed me. When I told this new doctor my symptoms he knew right away what was wrong with me. It was like Varley skipped Medicine 101 & took my money without listening to what was wrong with me! He is a quack and preaches but obviously does not listen to his preaching or the patient. Also his staff was rude and when I asked for my information they left it on the counter for me to pick up just sitting out there for anyone to see. Absolutely the poorest run office I have ever encountered. I highly recommend staying far away from this guy

Pastor

Posted on August 8th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Varley for almost ten years now after suffering a debilitating neck injuries from a car accident. I have a three level fusion of the neck and his fluoroscopy procedure brings a great deal of relief to my persistent pain. Dr. Varley and his staff have always been friendly, gracious, and helpful. I, too, had a court case and his information was very helpful to my winning a favorable settlement. Could not recommend this practice higher.

Must be a good listener

Posted on April 12th, 2010

Dr. Varley likes to talk...about himself, his achievements, other doctor's misdiagnoses, what you've done wrong, why he doesn't prescribe pain meds, etc. His staff does a urine test in office. My wife and I both have seen him. One of us got a false positive on Oxycontin usage in office urine test. Dr. declined to retest. We had never heard of the drug until then and later learned of just how much it was abused. Funny thing was, the tested person had never taken anything stronger than a Lortab. We decided that based on the above that he was not for us.

My recommendation was not a lie.

Posted on October 14th, 2009

First, let met address the fact that my recommendation was not a lie. It was my personal experiences as Dr. Varley's patient. It appears that you have had bad experiences with Dr. Varley and his staff. I on the other hand have had wonderful experiences and he is able to manage my chronic pain. I can go about my day to day activities with very little discomfort. If I have a question, concern, or problem, they are just a phone call away to trying to resolve any issues. I did give Dr. Varley and his staff a "glowing recommendation because I have experienced wonderful care. I have had results and my pain and other symptoms arebeing managed. I do not lie. I find Dr. Varley and his staff to be pleasant, charming, funny, caring, concerned, compassionate, sympathetic, professional, and he truly goes the extra mile in my case. I can't say what you have or have not experienced. I can understand that you may be in pain and therefore a little judgemental of my remarks, but I will stand by each and ever one. I am not on the staff, I'm not friends with any of the staff. I'm not a politician lining his pockets with gold. Heck, if I had "money", my family would be getting to enjoy all the extras that we currently can't afford. I am a working class patient that is eternally grateful that Dr. Varley is able to help me with my chronic pain and manage the sypmtoms to go along with my syndrome. It sounds like you have found a doctor you are happy with. I am truly glad. Like you I have multiple physicians for various ailments. They all know Dr. Varley and are pleased that I have Dr. Varley as my pain management physician.

Rude

Posted on June 26th, 2009

This is the rudest doctor I've ever been to. Terrible experience. He treats people like they're idiots. He accuses everyone of being addicted to medication prescribed by other doctors - and tries to push off invasive procedures such as nerve blocks and expensive, dangerous treatments that involve sticking sharp objects into your spine. His waiting room sure was empty when I was there. Even so, I wanted almost an hour. His staff is rude and unprofessional. The doctor who works with him will corner you, talking obsessively about his dogs. Very bizarre setup they have there. Politicians love them because they donate a lot of money to the GOP party and have fundraisers at their office. No focus on patient care and outcomes; just very self-centered. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to be treated by this man.

I would recommend Dr. Varley to anyone who is suffering from chronic pain.

Posted on March 6th, 2009

Dr. Varley has been able to greatly help my pain level. He is very caring and knowledgeable. His staff are all very sweet, charming and wonderful. Dr. Varley will not rush you through an appointment. He will take his time to exam you and explain treatment options or procedures. There are times that he came run late but it is usually due to procedures taking longer than expected. Dr. Varley and his staff make sure that you are as comfortable as possible.

Posted on April 26th, 2017