Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth Vercelli has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kenneth Vercelli has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Kenneth Vercelli has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I've had very good experiences with Dr. Vercelli. They got much better once I realized two things. One is that he is shy so his bedside manner isn't a genial Marcus Welby type. The more you see him the more he loosens up. Two is that he is a worry wart. He is one of those Dr. who rule out the awful along with the not so awful. Given everything I think that's great. He doesn't let my denial get in the way of treatment. His nurse is very nice as well. My huge complaint is the office staff. THEY NEVER CALL BACK! Every time I have to deal with questions, occasionally medicine refills, or requests in general they leave you hanging for an unconscionably long time and lets not even bring up test results! I'm about ready to switch just because of the horrible service generated by the office.
He was my pcp for 4 years. He never fixed my issue always brushed it off. One time I saw him at Edwards and he didn't even know who I was. It appears he is in the business to make money not fix people. When he told me to go to a specialist because he couldn't help me, I never went back to him again.
Dr. Vercelli is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1988
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Kenneth Vercelli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Internists, 1020 E Ogden Ave Ste 115, Naperville, IL
Dr. Kenneth Vercelli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naperville, IL.