Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kenneth A Young has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 17
Have been his patient for many, many years. He is very knowledgeable, personable, physician. I am a health care professional and I trust him totally with my healthcare. He appears to stay abreast of current medical research and discoveries. If one can not afford a medication, he will work with them to find a medication that is just as effective. Have gotten other family members going to him for healthcare and they all like him and find him a very prudent physician.
My girls have been seeing Dr. Young since the day they were born, which the oldest is about to turn 15. I choose my health care policies around this Dr. because he is so great and caring with my children. I've never had a Dr. personally pick up a phone and call me when I have questions or concerns after an appointment, he DOES, not his staff! The wait time in the office is never long, which is surprising since he spends such quality time with us each and every time we are there and always makes sure all questions are answered while not making you feel "rushed along". Dr. Young makes you feel like an individual, not just a number that walked in the door.
Dr. Young has been my family practitioner since moving to Indianapolis 20 years ago. He has also been my daughters doctor since birth and has been a great doctor for all of our pediatric and family practice needs. If he needed to refer us to another doctor for something, he always took the time with us explaining why this was needed and was very thorough.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Young is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
St Francis Hospital
Dr. Kenneth A Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthside Family Physician, 8523 Madison Ave Ste A, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Kenneth A Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.