Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kent R Adamson
Dr. Kent R Adamson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Viejo, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Adamson is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. Dr. Adamson has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kent R Adamson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Adamson performed the procedure 4 months ago. I was counseled and well prepared ahead of time. There was little post op discomfort and it was handled easily with over-the- counter pain meds. I attibute this smooth recovery to Dr. Adamson's expertise! A great physical therapy group is providing wonderful follow up and stays in close communication with the doctor. Great experience overall!
I went to another orthopedic physician and I don't think he turned around from his computer more than a few minutes. Dr. Adamson talked directly to me and got to the bottom of my knee issue rather than just having her PA put in a shot of cortisone. He had a CAT scan performed and then took an x-ray of the knee, looking down at the knee cap and figured out the problem. He put a shot of cortisone in this correct place and I have not had a drop of pain since then. By the way, the PA at the first place just put the shot into the knee with no understanding of where the problem really was.
Dr. Adamson, with his cavalier attitude, performed surgery he's done "thousands of times", his words. But in my case "missed" the area of the meniscus that should have been repaired. After the initial surgery I underwent weeks of PT, still experiencing severe pain, only to find out one of the areas had not been repaired and had gotten worse. I had to undergo yet another surgery months later, different surgeon. My MRI's were clear, he said "sorry! It gets worse, choose your surgeon carefully.
Extremely thorough doctor who explains all procedures and alternative choices of treatment. Sensitive and sympathetic to the patient needs. Has surrounded himself with a wonderful support team. I have seen other orthopedic doctors but would never change again.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2009, 2011, 2008, 2013, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Adamson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Kent R Adamson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCommunity Orthopedic Medical Group, 26401 Crown Valley Pkwy Ste 101, Mission Viejo, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kent R Adamson in this video.
Dr. Kent R Adamson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.