Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William K Barr MD
Dr. William K Barr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, MO, with other offices in Richmond, MO and Kansas City, MO (and 3 other locations). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. William K Barr has 6 locations
2790 Clay Edwards Dr Ste 520
Kansas City, MO 64116
1700 Rainbow Blvd Ste 520
Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
4811 S Arrowhead Dr Ste 520
Independence, MO 64055
Dr. William K Barr has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William K Barr has the following 15 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Dr. William K Barr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. William K Barr - Posted on February 10th, 2014
Dr. Barr has the best bed side manner of any doctor I have ever been a patient of. He is very professional, very compassionate and very knowledgeable in his field. After being thoroughly disappointed with the cardiologist in Saint Joseph after my initial doctor left, I was relieved and happy to find Dr. Barr. I have been to 3 of his office locations and have found his staff to always be friendly, courteous and professional. I would recommend him to any of my family and friends.
41 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Regional Medical Center
Dr. William K Barr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William K Barr, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Kansas City, MO, in this video.
Dr. William K Barr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.