The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James K Bartruff has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. James K Bartruff has the following 13 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
Dr. James K Bartruff has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James K Bartruff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Watch out. I was alone in the room with this man in 2005 and he physically abused me. He pinched my nose and grabbed my neck during the exam. I have pictures of his fingerprints on my neck and my eyes watered from the nose pinch. He was extremely rude, disrespectful, and appeared to be under the influence. I filed a complaint and a police report but nothing was done because there were no witnesses.
I visited several dermatologists prior to being recommended to Dr. Bartruff. He correctly diagnosed my condition and treated it aggresively after it not respond to previous treaatment. He is a caring, bright and knowledgeable physician. His office staff, specifically Carol, was more than helpful and extremely kind. I would sincerely recommend Dr. Bartruff to all.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
53 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Dr. James K Bartruff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Locations & DirectionsJ Kent Bartruff Md, 2750 Ringling Blvd Ste 1, Sarasota, FL
Dr. James K Bartruff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.