Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kent Y Chen
Dr. Kent Y Chen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ, with another office in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chen is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Kent Y Chen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I regret as a patient to have visited Kent Y. Chen, MD. I had a horrid experience in his examination room: Starting with his manners, Dr. Chen has zero doctor-patient relationship. He never made an eye contact with me, even as I tried repeatedly talking with him. Instead of replying to me, he deliberately ignored me and spent the whole session standing, hiding behind a monitor, fixating his eyes on the screen, browsing and scrolling in my records with other doctors. He seemed to have made a living on reciting the medical history and repeating previous prescriptions for his patients without providing any new medically intellectual contribution of his own. While reviewing medical records may be necessary, their correlation to patient current status may or may not be relevant. In addition, it never occurred to him that it is possible that the patient may be asking for a "second opinion". I even have tried to help him with medical knowledge during the session by showing him a document I had written showing scientifically the past incorrect diagnosis and therapy with other doctors. Most of the past diagnoses and treatments contradictory to my current status. Instead, he never listened to me for a moment, and grew bullying, draconian, and unbecoming. Instead of using my name, he addressed me repeatedly, with the word "sir". Unfortunately, he seemed to practice the one-size-fits-all monolithic thinking with many other trusting patients. This reflected his incompetence. This practice is appalling to the ethical medical profession. After almost an hour of his one sided monolog while fixating his eyes on the monitor, he kept saying "It wonât work out...It wonât work out...". He ran out of any medical knowledge to contribute in prescribing a drug! I even helped him with the name of a specific drug to prescribe. But it was all waste of time, while I had been in full agony due to shortness of breath. Realizing the fruitless of the session with "Dr. Chen", I left the examination room abruptly near the end of the session. And he did not even bother to that I left in agony untreated. In my unfortunate visit to "Dr. Chen", I experienced an unethical behavior. In my absence, he prescribed a drug that I had told him I still had it and almost fainted when taking it. Obviously, he desperately did that to "legitimize" his useless session and "legitimizeâ billing the insurance!
Dr. Chen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Kent Y Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kent Y Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.